Andes Mint Cookies–good cookie exchange recipe!

I got invited to a cookie exchange and my immediate thought was “Oh man, do I really want to make 6 DOZEN cookies and do I have a recipe that is good enough???”

Then I remembered a cookie exchange last year where my friend Kira brought her Andes Mint Cookies and I decided a cookie exchange might be a fun idea after all.  (-;

 blog andes mint cookies

It’s an easy cookie to make BUT, it tastes amazing and has a pretty look.  (you know these cookie exchanges can be tough, the invitation said NO chocolate chip cookies!!)

On Kira’s recipe she never mentioned how many dozen cookies it makes so I thought I’d be on the safe side and triple the recipe.  Let me tell you, I had enough to make nearly 200 cookies!!! 

My 10 year old daughter was like, “Mom, WHAT were you thinking making this much cookie dough??”  I told her we were preparing for Year 2012 and now we have a lot in the freezer to make for future cookie urges Laughing out loud

ANDES MINT COOKIES

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 1/2 c flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Andes Mints
Directions:

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, brown sugar, and water together. Add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and beat in 2 eggs. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt and combine with the chocolate mixture. Chill the dough for about 45 min. Roll into balls (approximately 1 to 1-1/2 inches in size) flatten slightly, and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cookies should be puffed but still soft.
When the cookies come out of oven, place an Andes mint on top of each cookie and allow to melt for a few minutes. Lightly swirl the melted mint on the cookie to make cream and brown icing and then remove to cooling rack. They have to cool all the way before you put them in a bag or container to store or the icing gets over everything Smile
 
blog andes mint cookies 1
 
Kira has an adorable cookie recipe print out on this but it’s missing the eggs so be sure and write that in!!!

Till Next Time!  ~CreativeJuicesDecor~

No comments:

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...