Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Custard - Sugar, Gluten, Dairy Free

I guess when I make a dessert three times in one week it becomes "Blog Worthy". The fact that it is sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, and uses the crock pot automatically puts it on the top of my "LIKE" list. 

I got this recipe off a wonderful, well known blog Simply Sugar and Gluten Free.  I love Amy, she is so genuine and has such a gift with making healthy food taste fabulous! 



Pumpkin Pie Custard

1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
12 ounces (1 1/2 c) coconut milk (or evaporated milk)
2 Tbsp  agave nectar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or butter)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (adjust for your own taste)
1/2 cup coconut flour blend  (or regular flour if not going GF)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
dash of salt



Prepare the crock of a 4 -6 quart CrockPot with cooking spray.
Whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, agave, eggs, melted oil or butter, vanilla, and liquid stevia. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine until just mixed.
Add pudding mixture to a greased crock. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
If you use a larger crockpot just double the recipe. 

*NOTE* I highly recommend cooking this the day before serving.  I found that the flavors evolve much more the next day.  If you have the space just stick the entire crock pot in the refrigerator.  It makes the cuts a lot cleaner after it cools. 

This recipe REALLY is best served with whip cream.  If you don't have any sprinkle slivered almonds or coconut flakes on top.

ENJOY! Happy Thanksgiving! 


10 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! I adore pumpkin custard. Like I would marry it if I wasn't in a committed relationship. Wonderful pictures and great tips, I think I can do this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - your pictures are gorgeous. I'm also thrilled to know that this recipe works with coconut flour. I don't use it often because Joe can't stand coconut. :)

    I happen to think you're fabulous, too. :) Looking forward to playing with eggnog!


    Hugs!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so delicious Salina. Im so excited to make this for my sisters (gf) family! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delish! I found you through Remodelaholic! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crockpot recipes. Aren't they life saving?! I never thought of dessert. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try this out. I've discovered that you can blend pumpkin with Neufacel cheese and a tiny bit of sweetener for a delicious, low fat and low cal treat. Also, no reason to use a can. It's simple to throw a WHOLE pumpkin in the oven for an hour. Peel and seed after it's cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy Amy's blog as well, and am enjoying yours. Thank you for posting this! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO Much for sharing this on my roundup this week! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! I love that it is dairy, gluten and refined sugar free. This is on my "to cook" list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...