Happy Valentines Day–Pink Cookie Meringues

This was a family favorite growing up.  My mom made these all the time (Thanks mom!) They have always been know as “Pink Cookies” to us and it seems the perfect cookie to serve up on Valentines Day!

Warning: These flirty little cookies contain lots of sugar. If you are a regular blog reader, you know I try to stay away from processed white sugar but sometimes I say, It’s OK  Smile  They are extremely easy (a must on my blog) and happen to be gluten free.

be mine


INGREDIENTS:
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Few drops of red food coloring.

DIRECTIONS:

Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl.  Let stand at room temperature for 30 min.  Beat till foamy.  Add cream of tartar and salt: beat till stiff peaks form.  Gradually add sugar, one tbsp at a time, beating on high till stiff peaks form again. (about 5 min)  Add food coloring.  Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Bake on lightly greased baking sheet at 300° for 20 – 25 min or until firm to the touch.  Cool on wire racks.  Put in airtight container. Yield 2 dozen.
These taste even better (chewier) the next day~ If they last that long Winking smile

pink cookies


ENJOY and Happy Valentines Day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Selina, I just found your blog last night and have fallen in love. You have amazing ideas and tips. Thanks so much. I have already added to my to do list.

    Passing on the Versatile Blog Award. Stop by and pick it up from your newest follower!

    4growingboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm really enjoying your blog. I just ordered some chia seeds thanks to your recomendation. They came today and I'm going to try the pudding first. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finishing these up! One of our coworkers is having another mastectomy Friday and tomorrow (well, 1am here, so I guess today!) is her last day. These are perfect for the little party we are throwing for her. :) Thanks for sharing! I used mini chocolate chips in mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad you could use them in a special way like that. Mini chocolate chips really make it tasty. Thanks for the comment :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...