Top 5 Easy Home Decorating Tips
Tips on how to change your place from drab to fab!
My OWN house!! Come see the Before and After Home Tour!
.
I promise if you follow these simple ideas you can really make a difference in how your home feels. I attached some of my favorite affiliate links. If you make a purchase I may get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Designer Picks: Click to shop!
My Burlap Curtains (I own)
Coffee Table (I own)
Burnt Orange Throw (I own)
Burnt Orange Throw Pillows (I own)
Neutral Looped Rug (I own)
1.) ADD GREENERY!
I understand that some folks can’t keep a plant alive for the life of them but there are some really nice faux plants out there too. Sometimes they cost a lot – but they add so much to a room – definitely worth it. I just bought a beautiful palm tree for 35.00 at the thrift store (I was very lucky). High end furniture stores I worked for sold these same trees for $550.00, but I’ve run across less expensive trees at home discount stores too.
An example would be a nice textured blanket (or cow hide rug!) thrown across the edge of the sofa or chair. Prop layers of mirrors or frames against a wall, overlapping them slightly. Stacking books with a cool shaped vase on an end table or console table is great, see, now we’ve created dimension and layers!
Organize open shelving or armoires with cute storage bins or baskets. It pulls the room together and what could have looked like a cluttered mess now looks like a trendy designer look! If you would like more examples of how to decorate top of cabinets and shelves feel free to head to that blog post.
4.) Add ambient lighting!
Luminaires (lamps) add so much! Many of the luminaires I own I have fixed up from a thrift store and cost me under 10 bucks a piece. Even if you have to spend lots of money on a luminaire or torchiere (light the shines upward) it is worth it for the mood it sets off in your home. Luminaire lighting is so much softer than overhead lights. Also up light your plants for a real designer look!
My home! I just updated all of my pendant lights throughout the house for an automatic updated look for not a lot of money. Number 8 is in my OWN home.
1. Drum Shade
(goes with all styles!)
2. Modern Cone
4. Seeded Glass
6. Capriz Shell (textured)
7. Iron Frame
10. Sculptural
Mirror’s are amazing!! They can really give the illusion of more space and can lighten up an area immensely. Be sure plan a space for a big mirror – you’ll be happy you did!







