No Crust French Apple Pie

This is my “go to” apple pie recipe when I just do not have time (or the desire) to make a full on pie with crust. (Which always seems to take FOR-EV-ER)  This version is delicious and easy to make.  Of course, I always whip out my pampered chef apple-peeler-corer- slicer which makes peeling and slicing (hence the name) very quick and easy.Smile

pie bar blanket 006


Ingredients:
(thanks to Betty Crocker for helping me with this one)

6 cups sliced apples (about 6 medium)
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 c milk
2 tbsp.  butter (softened)
2 eggs
1 cup bisquick baking mix
Nut Streusel (recipe written out below)

Heat oven to 325°. Grease pie plate.  Mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg: turn into pie plate. Beat remaining ingredients except Streusel in blender on high speed for 15 seconds.  Pour into pie plate.  Sprinkle with Nut Streusel.  Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  (Be sure to really cook this through, if you undercook it, the bisquick mix can be doughy inside, error on overcooking, it's very hard for this pie to "dry" out.)

Nut Streusel:

3 Tbsp. firm butter
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/2 c chopped nuts
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Optional – 1/3 cup oatmeal (I adore oatmeal with my apples!)
if you add oatmeal just dab a little more butter on the top of the pie before placing in oven.
Cut butter into remaining ingredients until crumbly.
8 servings

See, isn’t that easy!! Yey!  Maybe not my healthiest recipe but I can’t win them all!

french apple


Hope you enjoy this!
~ Creative Juices Decor~

5 comments:

  1. YUM~ I remember having this at MOPS and it was amazing. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I wonder if there is a workaround for not having bisquick.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it! If you don't have bisquick you just mix up a few ingredients to substitute. I am so making this!

    http://www.food.com/library/biscuit-mix-408

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pampered Chef stuff is SO helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one beautiful looking pie. I like the streusel idea so much better than a crust. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your pie up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for recipe. I'll make it for our next church potluck supper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...