Thrift Store Treasure #7 Sea Shells and Pawn Shops

On this last trip to my local thrift store I was late and we all know that if you want the GOOD stuff you gotta come first thing when they open.  Not only was I late but it was their sale day (50%off) so I was certain there would be nothing left for me.  I WAS WRONG!

Look what I found!!!  ($7.50)

005

Not impressed yet??? (OK neither would I be!!!)

Here it is hanging out of the box. 

008


It was SUCH a clumped mess of knots but luckily I never planned for it to be long, but nice and short so I gave her a haircut and spray painted that ugly wood white.


024

Is she looking better yet??  Please tell me she is. My husband said something about it looking like it came out of a Chinese Pawn Shop.  WHAAAAA?? 
Here it is in my daughters room.  I actually don’t have a specific place for it just yet – that hook was there from something else the previous owners had BUT I have BIG plans for it in the new house.  It will still go in her room but I’ll have a perfect vignette spot for it – I can’t wait to show you guys!


028
seashell


Do you like it???  It’s classy isn’t it?  (why would my husband laugh at it!!)  I suppose that’s why I have you great blogging friends to validate my crazy purchases, that is unless I AM crazy!!!  I found this on Pinterest and see they have one too!  There you have it - it IS cool.  (not to mention that handmade headboard is devine!)
housetweaking
BUT I’m not done friends!!!  Remember that big ugly 60’s painted canvas I bought that I told you I had no idea what I was going to do with??  Well the left over seashells gave me an idea……..I’ll give you a SNEEK PEAK.  I’m not done with it yet.  Winking smile


015 copy

~ Have a great day! Creative Juices Decor~

3 comments:

  1. wow great job, and a great find. good imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Find! And nice save...I don't know why men act like they are the only ones that can restore anything....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the hanging seashells look really classy (esp after you spray-painted the top white). I also really love the idea of using the leftover shells on the frame - that looks just gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you paint inside it!!!
    Aims

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...