Finally a Chewy, Gooey, Chocolate Chip Cookie

Since today I told myself I would start my diet, I made a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies.  Does anyone else do that?  It’s horrible, what’s my problem! :-)

chewy chocolate chip cookie browned butter caramel

Lisa, one of my blog readers from  Sweet As Sugar Cookies, tested about 15 Chocolate chip cookies and I decided to try the #2 rated one (the #1 rated one had to be refrigerated and I wanted to eat the entire batch today!  Who can wait 24 hours before they eat the cookies they started to make??) 

Here is the secret – BROWNED BUTTER!!!! Oh my, I’ve never made anything with browned butter but I am here to say, it is absolutely heavenly!  It gives this nice caramel flavor to the cookie. 

browned butter chocolate chip cookies BEST

DELICIOUS! 

America's Test Kitchen Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from Cook's Illustrated)


1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
14 Tbsp. unsalted butter (divided)
1/2 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
1 tsp. table salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

Heat 10 Tbsp. butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until melted, about 2 min. Continue cooking, swirling pan constantly until butter is dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma, 1-3 min. Remove skillet from heat and, using heat proof spatula, transfer browned butter to large heatproof bowl. Stir remaining 4 Tbsp. butter into the hot butter until completely melted.

Add both sugars, salt, and vanilla to bowl with butter and whisk until fully incorporated. Add egg and yolk and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Let mixture stand for 3 min., then whisk for 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth, and shiny. Using rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture (flour and baking soda) until just combined, about 1 min. Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 375F until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, 10-14 min., rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack; cool cookies completely before serving.

* UPDATE:  I added small caramel bites (sold by the chocolate chips) and added those to the batch too.  I didn't think these cookies could get any better but OH MY WORD! there were so good.

ccc cookies EAT 012

Stop by Lisa's blog, to look at a bunch more yummy chewy gooey cookies!  It’s lots of fun! 


~ Creative Juices Décor ~

 Don't miss out on Selina's home decor tips and inspirations - Sign up to receive her once a week post :-)

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, caramel bits sound divine. So glad you were able to try these cookies and enjoyed them. Browned butter is my best friend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got done eating 2 of these. DELICIOUS! Great recipe; will no doubt make again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...