Fess Up Friday- My Real Life

A lot of times it’s easy to assume a bloggers house is always clean, the children are always amazing and the dinners always fabulous! (I mean that’s all I show you – right?)  So I thought a "fun" fess up  post about the reality of my new home would be “eventful”.


final living and dining 015


Within the first few weeks of living in the new house we have had:


1.) A broken door.

HOW did that happen? you might ask.  

Contrary to popular grandparent belief Smile my kids aren’t actually perfect but they are children that run around the house like wild animals tantalizing each other and slamming doors while the other sibling runs into it.   And THAT is how you crack a solid wood door.    We made them pitch in $30.00 of their hard earned money and told them  NO MORE MONKEY’s JUMPING ON THE BED!!! (in other words, no more slamming doors in the other siblings face or there will be a price to pay!!!)




2.) A laundry soap disaster.


The two older children do their laundry every Saturday and I understand when the kids are ages 8 and 11 you can only expect that a few things might go wrong. (I know, it’s not their fault) but they put the laundry soap on top of the washing machine without the lid and you guessed it, it jiggled to the edge until it fell off and I didn’t catch it till it was WAY to late. (Note to self, check out things RIGHT away when you smell very strong lavender scents upstairs.)


Photo I sent to carpet guy! (by this time I had already cleaned up the floor)
photo of carpet spill


The condensed soap went all on the floor and seeped into the carpet and pad.  I had no idea what to do so after emailing a carpet guy with pictures (believe me, I was way too upset to take that picture just for my blog!)  he told me to just cut away the damaged pad, buy new pad, suck up as much as the soap as possible and hope for the best.  (as in hope that we don’t have to replace our BRAND NEW CARPET within the first few weeks.)



3.)  Received a fun (house warming?) gift of ORBEEZ for the kids.


005



Anyone ever heard of these fascinating toys?  They are tiny little beads the size of a pin head that expand a gazillion times their size in a matter of 3-4 hours.  What it meant for me was finding soft gelatin like balls  everywhere in my house…..in sinks, in bathtubs, under kids beds, in kids beds…….you get the picture. Open-mouthed smile


4.) And I found out my dog is the worst culprit of all when it comes to keeping my house clean. (and that’s saying a LOT!)


kids in new house 007


We don’t have grass yet which means what we do have is MUD, lots and lots of slimy dark mud.  Our dog is an indoor dog so everyday, multiple times a day, he is let out to “use the restroom” and comes back in with his muddy paws.  I honestly just give up.  His nose is also a problem.  He stares outside the back glass door and rubs it all over the glass.  To clean it, is worse than shoveling snow while it is still snowing.


fess up 015


So, here’s the deal, if you were to drop in on me to say hi, I can guarantee you that there would be a door full of dog snot and a floor full of muddy paw prints.  (sounds like the perfect clean house you see in those pictures –huh!)



fess up 016


Anyone out there have any advice how to keep prints (like dog snot) off the windows?? Is there any spray I could put on it that would help repel it?


And just to mention a few more……..


My living room is turned into forts

fess up 003


I have already spilled on and stained my oven and range

(for the first few weeks I hated cooking in/on it because without fail I constantly spilled things.)


real life home


Kids make thier own food and it goes EVERYWHERE



The list could go on and on……


So there you have it.  A not so perfect glimpse into my REAL home!


My kids would stay in their pajamas and play on my iPhone/iPod all day if I let them, and sometimes I do!

kids in new house 003

Here’s to keeping it real!!! 

If you want to feel really good about yourself (hee,hee) read more of my "fess ups" just enter FESS UP in my Search This Blog bar. (on right)

Linking up to 
beforeAndAfterButton blog!

~ Selina Smile ~

11 comments:

  1. I love your 'real' post. That means you have a happy and loving home! I have the same issue with the wood floors and sliding glass windows times two! Plus my Golden's hair is EVERYWHERE! I have no answer to how to keep it clean and we have mostly grass outside, except where the golden has dug! :) We will look back on these days and remember them with fondness one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Sometimes a girl just needs to hear that those same issues that plague her daily are not unique to her situation. Spring & fall are the worst time for me & our beloved pet. Every year, I think "do we really need a dog?" lol Then I swear she hears my thoughts and gives me sad eyes and lays at my feet. And I feel for you Kathleen regarding dog hair! Give & take, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say, "It's our home, we LIVE here" Thanks for sharing, I look at all the beautiful homes on blogs and get depressed some days 'cause I KNOW what mine looks like today. I have lived with that NO grass yard and it is NO fun. You can wipe the doggies little feet every time it comes in but that will be a chore too - but maybe faster than cleaning up the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments you guys, I always feel like OH, I do have readers and they are fun people! I may have to do more of these fess up posts because I sure could write a lot of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "fess up". Our doors to the outside are covered in two-year-old-boy snot, our brand new garbage disposal broke because someone dropped a screw down it, and we have a lacing beads obsession in our house, and I just pray the baby doesn't choke:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Removing dog snot is not too hard if you know the secret.... I went through MANY things on my way to discovering that a diluted white vinegar solution would do the trick perfectly!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definately try out the vinegar solution! thank you Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just stumbled upon your blog, and added you to my Google reader before I finished the first page! (I'm reading from the beginning now.)

    You are witty, creative and a girl after my own decorating heart! Thank you so much for writing. I'm looking forward to getting "caught up" and can't wait to see what you're up to next.

    Also - it's a relief to know that the photos are not actual representations of the life. I was worried for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Zenana! that has to be the nicest thing anyone has said, Guess I'll keep up my blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzahs, this post has lots of comments! See, everyone loves a good REAL 'fess up kind of post. It makes us all feel normal and helps us feel less alone.

    Blogland is far too perfect, I wanna see the snot on the door ;)

    Love you for fessing up with me, and from now on, you can count on it being the first Friday of the month. Once a month should be do-able for me and give me plenty of time to accumulate ridiculous things to report.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly, my house *used* to be clean and my dinners *used* to be fabulous. Then I started a blog and began neglecting almost everything else. Well, except the kids. They're still pretty amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...