Ideas on How to Decorate Your Decor with Vintage Books
My two favorite ways to decorate and add personality to a home VERY inexpensively is by hanging plates, or setting up a pretty vignette with old vintage books.
The best place to find BOTH of these items for under a buck is at the thrift store. I know that Etsy and eBay also offer "lots" of old books so you can always check there too.
I picked up these maroon encyclopedias for .50 cents a piece. I move them around to different locations when I'm getting the decorating itch :-)
I thought for this version of my Creative Juices Award I would show you beautiful vignettes with ideas on decorating with vintage books.
Wrapping jute rope or raffia around a collection of books is a great way to add substance to your book collection and make it a focal piece on your dresser, mantel or console table.
| Could not find source |
How about using books on your table to make a centerpiece! It's a great way to add height to something you love.
![]() |
| Source |
I personally love books on coffee tables. I found that a lot of times, it really makes guests feel comfortable. If they want to sit down and flip through a picture book they relax and do it.
![]() |
| Source |
AND if you're some one who has a TON of books and your not quite sure what to do with them - how about these ideas? ;-)
Fill up a non working fireplace with cool old books!
| Source |



