How to Make Your Home Have Character With Console Table Vignettes

Hi Everyone!  

I've been thinking about what I could write that would really help give you ideas for your OWN home decor.  I realized that having a nice console table vignette, either in your entry or living room can REALLY add character to your home and is an important investment piece. 

So....I decided to post and talk about some different entry styles and give you some ideas.  You can also check out this furniture website which is one of the most comprehensive furniture website around.

This is shabby chic/farmhouse vignette using old window panes and collected white pottery.  This look is quite simple, but see how sets off the feel of this person's home?

Characteristics:  
weathered wood
chipped rough paint
burlap pillows
wicker baskets
simple not too cluttered.

Farmhouse Porch

In keeping with the shabby chic/farmhouse theme,  don't you just love this old weathered bench used as a focal point for the entry!

Once again you are seeing:
Old woods
Wicker
Burlap
Painted furniture


The next console table vignette is my own.  For those that follow my blog you know that I have a very Northwest style home but I try to bring in the Rustic Tuscan style inside.

Characteristics:
Iron
Any natural elements (clay walls, rock, iron etc)
Greenery (especially topiary plants)
rustic wood (usually not painted) with imperfections or even rough old wood.


And during Christmas I dressed it up a little!


I can't forget using horses as part of a Tuscan theme!



Notice the black iron wall sconces
Old weathered wood
Greenery in weathered pots
wicker and leather (natural elements)




I LOVE how this person disguised their flat screen TV with a bunch of cool hanging photos scattered around it.  This is a great console table vignette -  I would say this style could be titled eclectic .  Eclectic can be a catch - all style that borrows from several other design styles to evoke a sense of imagination with unexpected contrasts.

Characteristics:
mixed modern with traditional
Anything goes!
Old wood, glass, modern frames with some old weathered signs.


This is a pretty traditional yet eclectic look too!  Both of the pictures add fun CLOCKS!




More IDEAS:

One idea that I see used a LOT with console table vignettes is using symmetrical picture frames.  I love this idea, it makes a statement and is easy to use in home decor.





Even if you had a small little table, you could add some symmetrical frames to add a touch of sophistication.


Another really easy way to add character to your console table vignette is to add wicker baskets!  You can collect them whenever you see a good deal and VOILA, look at what it can do to make a statement.  (not to mention the great extra storage they provide!)






Baskets under the table and decorative bowls on the wall!




I hope this post has given you some ideas on how to set up your OWN console table vignette?  It's always fun to try to dissect a photo and figure out what you like (or don't like) about it and begin to narrow down what your own style in home decor is.  If you enjoy the Rustic Tuscan decor style swing by my home tour posts!



For my wonderful blog readers I just wrote about the TOP 5 DESIGN SECRETS that I feel everyone needs to know -  come check it out. 




If you guys ever have any decor/design questions.....feel free to ask me and maybe I'll do a post on it for  you!  Don't miss out on any other posts - I'd love to have you sign up to receive my once a week home decor inspiration :-)

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


creativejuicesdecor

9 comments:

  1. Very nice post! I didn't even have a favorite, I loved them all. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda! As always, THANKS for your comments! I think I liked them all too :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for featuring my entryway! -Linsey @The Farmhouse Porch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post has been a bit hit! I hope it's driven lots of traffic your way :-) It's a beautiful entry for sure.

      Delete
  3. Do you create designs that are a little less cluttered looking? I really hate a hot of "stuff" piled everywhere collecting dust. I am looking for room decor that is seaside in colours but with a cleaner look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :-) I think your best bet might be to google "modern" or "straight line" room decor. You could even see what would come up with adding beach theme, or seaside colours. Hope that helps, yes, I do realize that those few examples above may not be everyones cup of tea. Best of luck.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and you can click "IMAGES" instead of "Web" and look at all the pictures that comes up. When you see one you like, click on over to that person's site (also Pinterest is a great place to search for home decor you like also) :-)

      Delete
  4. LOVE your vignettes. Are the round, lidded, baskets shown below the two-tiered desk available in a retail store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I just added some links from Amazon of baskets and some other of the ideas I mention. You can find so many cool things on there! I try to list lots of fun accessories on my Amazon store also

      http://astore.amazon.com/creajuicdeco-20

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...