Inspirational Home Decor Ideas Using Reclaimed Barn Wood

Recently I came across some very fun photos that used reclaimed wood as the focal point in their home.  Take a look at this herringbone designed reclaimed wood wall.  :-)



Beth at Make Me Pretty Again got a huge pile of 100 year old reclaimed Douglas fir and then began using liquid nails and a pneumatic nailer to create this herringbone pattern on the ceiling with her husband. AMAZING!  You can see how she did it step by step on her blog.





What I like most about using reclaimed wood in home decor is the amount of character the wood provides.  No one piece is alike and each piece of wood tells a story.  


OR, how about using reclaimed barn wood AS your stairs :-)  This picture is one of my favorites.  I love the stark white against the old brown textured wood.






I absolutely love the sliding barn door trend.  If you haven't seen my sliding barn door post be sure and stop on over to see a gallery of inspirational sliding doors.  Using old barn wood seems very fitting for this application!





What do you guys think of this nursery wall?!  Kim Lewis the designer used lead free milk paint on the reclaimed barn wood boards to add a bit more color.  I like how she tied in the blue on the walls with the blue on the boards. 

This was a fabulous post on DIY wood projects, this one was my favorite.  Feel free to check it out!




Thanks for some of the sweet comments that have been left on the blog lately.....I always enjoy providing you guys with inspiration and creative ideas.  :-)

Have a GREAT WEEK friends!

creativejuicesdecor

Photo credit on a lot of these pictures came from Barnwood Naturals

No comments:

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...