Fess Up Friday - What's Really Been Going On in MY Life

I haven't written a Fess Up Friday post on my blog for a very long time....... I believe it is very long overdue. :-)

For those that are new to my blog, please do not let this scare you away - hee,hee  I promise to be back to my regular design posts soon. :-)

I'll start off with a quote of the day from my youngest daughter, and yes, she wears those classy pink goggles for many daily activities.





“Sometimes I think with my head, and sometimes with my feet.

Good things are in my head and bad things are in my feet......

I try to think from my head.”  :-)

                                                                  


Before I start all my fess ups - I need to remind you that I live in a town where people find it normal to put large concrete Godzilla apes in their front yard as decorations.  I am sure they paid plenty, and yes, I do believe they put an eye patch and hula bracelet on him in that picture.




So.....when I post this next shot, just know, it's also "normal" that I would let my kids watch a movie with 3D glasses at Costco while I shopped.



Yep, they were still there when I was done shopping (Shall I also fess up that I ate my entire lunch with their free samples?  Sure did.)



My other fess up is that our dog shaver broke after I had shaved exactly half of him.  I sent the shaver back to the company and with a very kind ending:

 "PS,  please send this back ASAP as my dog will remain half shaved until it arrives" . :-)
About 3 weeks later the other half of him was shaved!



I had to laugh though as the leftover hair that I bagged up looks like a whole other puppy :-)



Onward and Upward!

I will admit that I have cooking issues.....the smoke alarm goes off quite regularly (although this is getting better lately) but somehow I created a FLASH GREASE FIRE trying to whip up some delicious chicken.  I just STARED at the fire thinking SHOOT....... this is BAD!....while my husband went into ninja action and threw a lid over the fire to stop the flames.  The flames completely melted our rather new microwave.  Luckily, my husband said I've done a lot worse things and wasn't that upset  (ha, not sure if that is good or bad!)




Just the other morning I was making my AMAZING AeroPress Coffee and as I was pouring in my cream I began to wonder why in the world it wasn't turning a delicious caramel color......that's when I realized something was seriously wrong and slowly looked at the carton only to realize I was pouring in liquid egg whites - YEP, it was early.

Egg White Creamer Anyone?

But here is where the REAL fess up comes in......I totally drank it anyway and it wasn't all that bad.  Ya, I took out the little bit of scrambled egg forming on the top but I actually thought, WOW, I could get added protein in my coffee this way!  :-)

Do you guys still like me or have you hit "unsubscribe"  :-)



I will also admit that when I dropped my phone and it shattered, I  casually mentioned to my husband that it cracked just a little bit and continued CAREFULLY using it.  It wasn't until he got a glimpse of what I had done that he just looked at me and said "That is NOT just a tiny crack!"

Ya, I guess it was a little more than a tiny crack - Sigh...I guess half truths just don't work well on spouses!? :-)



I am not sure I even want to mention that I dented my car  by bumping into a small tree OR that I dented HIS truck by backing into a large rock.  I seriously feel I should not EVER have nice things.....but for some reason my husband still went out and bought me a new car.  (I really did NOT deserve it!)



I know, SHOCKING that all this mayhem can come from someone who looks so "irreproachable" :-)......ummmmmm ya, reality check, I'm a mess!



Unfortunately, I could continue with MORE fess ups but after re-reading what I just wrote, I think it's enough LIGHT to shed onto my lovely readers about the REAL me  :-)
I just like to smile and laugh at myself and remember.........


“Sometimes I think with my head, and sometimes with my feet.

Good things are in my head and bad things are in my feet......

I try to think from my head.”  :-)


 I am pretty sure my daughter was thinking with her FOOT in this picture - hee,hee!




 Have a GREAT week my friends and just remember, when you think you are the only one losing your mind, it's not true.....I'm right here losing my mind with you!  Ha!!

Click FESS UPS if you want to see more of my Fess Up Friday Series.
creativejuicesdecor

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha - thanks for starting off my Saturday with a good laugh. I never knew a microwave could melt. I don't drink coffee, but I burst out laughing at the "creamer/egg whites". Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...