Corrugated Metal for Home Interiors - Heavy Metal Versus Classical
Hey Friends,
In the past, when you saw corrugated metal you probably only thought about a barn or shed roof - right?
Well, when you have ambitious DIYers and daring designers a new trend emerges and you have corrugated metal for the INTERIOR! I love the added texture it brings to a room!
Corrugated metal is inexpensive and you can use it new or SALVAGED. (I prefer salvaged as it comes with so much aged character.) Using the metal indoors can have a huge impact for not a lot of money when in the hands of a creative DIYer.
Of course this blog is all about STIRRING those creative juices so let me show you some of my favorite uses of the corrugated metal (-:
How about this very rustic kitchen bar - with all the aging going on, I'm guessing they used a salvaged piece.
| photo: inspirationgreen.com |
How about putting it on the CEILING? :-)
In this guest bedroom they used galvanized metal wainscoting. Personally, I feel if they somehow "rusted" up the metal it might fit in better with this room. Using in it's raw form is great for the industrial look though.
| Bridger Steel |
Here is another photo of the metal being used on the ceiling. I could very easily stay snuggled up on those chairs for hours! The light fixture really fits in well with the industrial metal. This is a great example of adding "heavy metal" with the "classical" look. I like it!
The bathroom below uses a deep rust colored metal - it really fits in well with the rustic cowboy theme:-)
| Bridger Steel |
So what are your thoughts?
Do you like mixing the metal with the classical look? Do you think you would you put it in your own home?



