Rhubarb Streusel Cake with Coconut Flakes and Gluten Free option

Hey Friends!

It's RHUBARB SEASON!  

Every once in a while you just hit the jackpot with a recipe.   I LOVE rhubarb and I love dense textured desserts (no fluffy sponge cakes for me!)  So let me tell you, this is one of them "JACKPOT" recipes - hee,hee.  SO STINKIN DELICIOUS (-:

 I’m going to call this Rhubarb Streusel Cake :-) Like most of my recipes, this is incredibly fast and easy, plus it's a great way to use up rhubarb when it's in season!

* UPDATE: I made this Gluten Free and Dairy Free and LOVED the results!!*  





Rhubarb Streusel Cake 
(with coconut topping)


Ingredients:  GF/DF option in RED

1 1/4 c brown sugar                        
1/2 c shortening or coconut oil        
1 egg or 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 3 tbsp water  (link how to)                                            
2 c flour or Mama's coconut flour blend + 1 tsp Xanthum Gum                     
1/2 tsp. salt                                        
2 tsp. vanilla                                      
1 c milk or coconut milk                                        
5 c chopped rhubarb        
          

Topping:

1/2 c sugar or 1 tsp powdered stevia                                            
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c coconut flakes (I used unsweetened)


Mix cake ingredients together, pour into a 8” x8” square pan

Mix topping ingredients together. Sprinkle on top

Bake 350F for 80 min in the 8x8 pan or 60 min in a 9”x13” pan. (I know, I show a pie cut out, I was going camping {I LOVE CAMPING!} and it was a disposable one so just ignore the picture, that is unless you like it that way!)  PLEASE test with a tester to be sure middle does NOT come out gooey.  Keep cooking till it comes out clean! 







What do you think!? Do you have a favorite way to use up your own rhubarb?  It seems to grow like a weed over here in the Northwest!

 Don't miss out on Selina's home decor tips and inspirations - Sign up to receive her once a week post :-)

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


1 comment:

  1. this sounds awesome never saw rhubarb and coconut in the same dish they are two of my favorites come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...