Chewy Chai Snickerdoodle Cookies - The Classy NOT Trashy Ones

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS!

My Pinterest Making Daughter is at it Again.

And this time she made the Mother of all Cookies

CHEWY CHAI SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES

Oh.....My.....Word.




We (Ok actually SHE) has done a lot of baking, but it was THESE cookies that I just knew I had to share with you guys.  As the original blogger of these cookies wrote "The cookies are a downright dream.  They are spicy and cinnamony and really, a high class snickerdoodle.  A classy snickerdoodle.  Definitely not a trashy snickerdoodle"

Bwahahahah!  Yes these are the classy kind of snickerdoodles, I'd never post a trashy one - my promise to you, my wonderful readers.



It's so hard to take a picture of the amazing texture the cookies had but just believe me, they were perfect :-)




My daughter is a "Follow the Rules" kind of gal.  When it says use cardamom, you better believe she was going to use cardamom, not the pumpkin pie spice I was trying to get her to use instead of making a trip out to the store :-)  I suppose I'm just a rebel rule breaker - ha!

Maybe that was the secret ingredient though as these DO taste like a dream :-)  A cozy spiced chai dream by the fire.



Don't let now long this recipe looks scare you - it's almost ALL spices - it's quite simple and easy to make.

Chewy Chai Snickerdoodles

Makes 24 cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 ounces cream cheese softened
6 Tbsp butter melted and warm 
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  I LOVE using my baking stoneware for all my cookies (believe me, stoneware is awesome for soft chewy cookies) but you could just line regular baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and ALL the spices.

In the bowl of your electric mixer, add the sugar, cream cheese and butter.  Beat until light and fluffy (1-2 min) Beat in the oil until combined and smooth. Add the egg, milk and vanilla until combined and smooth. Add the flour slowly and beat till combined.

Mix together the topping ingredients on a large plate.  Take the cookie dough and divide into 24 pieces, rolling each into a smooth ball. Roll each ball in the topping and place it on the baking sheet.  Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press the cookie into flattened pieces of dough.  Don't go too thin though! These cookies taste SO GOOD a bit on the thick side.  Sprinkle the tops with any extra topping mixture.

Bake the cookies for 10-12 min. (if anything UNDERCOOK, don't overcook) Let them cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.

(recipe taken from The Year of Cozy recipe book, shown on howsweeteats blog)


ENJOY my friends!!  

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas!
 Maybe these can become a new cookie Christmas tradition :-)  



 Don't miss out on Selina's home decor tips and inspirations - Sign up to receive her once a week post :-)

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


4 comments:

  1. Snicker doodle cookies are the very first cookie I ever learned to bake when I was about nine. They are still my favorite and now I shall make these tomorrow morning. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Your daughter is beautiful! Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with the cooking baking and thanks for leaving a comment! (I love them) (: Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
    2. I made these and they are truly delicious. I cannot stop eating them. Thank you for sharing the recipe,

      Delete
  2. YAY! I couldn't stop eating them either :-) So glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...