Letter Décor–FIVE ways to glam up your home

Letter Décor is very popular.  It’s so fun to personalize a space or label an area.  I have had so much fun collecting the different ways you can make these fantastic letters starting with my own set that my friend Abby made for my daughter out of SCRAPBOOK paper and mod podge.  To get the edges distressed she used a brown scrapbook inker to rub along the edges.  I LOVE them! 

thrift store thursday 020


Mandy from Mandipity kindly gives us a tutorial on how to make these in fabric!



MATERIALS NEEDED:

Wooden letters
[we bought them at Michaels for $3.50]

Fabric
[I used turquoise and white damask that I found at JoAnn Fabrics]
Mod Podge
Scissors
Paint Brush
First, trace the shape of the letter onto the back of the material that you are going to cover it with:


Cut the shape out of the fabric:

Apply Mod Podge to the letter, and apply the fabric cut-out:
[it was my first time using Mod Podge, and now I'm a huge fan!]

Apply Mod Podge to the top of the letter:

Let it dry.
Optional:
We both are totally digging the distressed look right now,
so we chose to sand the edges and make it look a wee bit tattered.

Heather from Simple Daisy made her letters out of CONCRETE!



And then she made some out of Jute Rope!



Lastly Katie from Little Things Bring Smiles shows us how to make these letters out of ROLLED book pages! 



The Creativity is everywhere!!!! Hope you have been inspired.  ~ Creative Juices Decor

5 comments:

  1. too cute! Love the concrete idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to have a letter laying around here that I bought a while back and I've been trying to figure out what to cover it with. I love the look of the fabric, so maybe I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for having my rolled book page letters :) i am now in love with the other ideas and need to make a stop at michaels! enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these letter decor ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me again and I completed more Letter Art! Check it out here if you'd like :)

    http://littlethingsbringsmiles.blogspot.com/2011/02/textured-letters.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...