How to Bring an Old Antique Chair back to Life!

I see these types of chairs all the time at my local thrift store and on Wednesday they are half off bringing it down to a whopping 5 bucks a chair!


before clay 027

The thing that I find interesting is that they NEVER have any cushioning on them……I mean did they just not NEED a soft seat back then?  Did it make them sit up straighter???  Maybe that’s it??



I like to relax and slouch in a chair I guess so I need LOTS of cushioning……:-)


Since I already posted how to add foam to a chair like this I’ll just link to the post.  I also showed you how to upholster fabric on a seat in this post so check those out if you need help!


before clay 028


I always just lightly sand off or wipe down the blemishes and use my trusty stain pen on scratches.  It totally does the trick for what I need.


goodwill 002


And now for the fun AFTER (this really only took about 30 minutes!)

blue chair blog 1




blue chair blog


Chair $5.00
Fabric $1.00 (was a pillow sham at the thrift store)

Grand Total $6 bucks!!! 

I bet you guy know where I am going to put this – right??? Winking smile


It will be for my daughters cute French Linen Blue Antique Desk.  Click the link for a complete step by step of that project using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.


blog blue dest


So excited to show you her room all put together!!! Linking up to Southern Hospitality

1 comment:

  1. I truly appreciate the content of your blog.. Keep going.


    sallyberesford

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...