The Big Reveal!!!–the PINK Clay Bedroom - My Girl's Room

Alright, I know I am a little obsessive compulsive, I just can’t seem to stop!  I just spent 15 HOURS in 2 days doing my youngest daughters room in PINK American Clay.


I had promised her from the first day we started the house, her room could be pink.  She is my little princess child, everything needs to be pink.  She had hoped that the entire house exterior would be painted pink.  (And our car, and the sky, and the dog…..you get the picture!)


So, since all you lovely readers helped me win the last American Clay contest I spent my winnings on buying Porcelina Clay and tried out one of their new colors Coral Springs (actually, I lighted up the color and used one bag of Sugarloaf and 1/4 of a bag of Baton Rouge)



Here is the BEFORE shot:
(All walls done in Shaker Beige by Benjamin Moore)

blog Kaelahs bedroom before 004

Kaelahs bedroom before 003



And the AFTER!:




Blog logo Kaelahs bedroom pink american clay_edited-1


Can you see all the texture?  The look/feel of it is so amazing in person, I wish you could all come over to my house and see it Smile  It truly  gives off such an ambiance…….you’ll never regret doing clay in your home!


Blog bedroom pink american clay 2

It was the softest pink EVER, I was so pleased with the color. (it was a little risky since I was the first to “invent” this particular color!)   If I had to match it to a Benjamin Moore color I would say it matched “Love and .Happiness” 1191 

The ceiling was done in Decorators White by Behr.  I did it in flat paint.  In my opinion you always should do flat on ceilings. One reason being it absorbs the light that is blaring on it but I don't recommend flat paint on walls with people who have kids.  It is harder to wash and it absorbs all those greasy finger print. 


Remember that pink lamp makeover?  I did the shade out of scrapbook paper……if you haven’t checked it out be sure and do that Smile


blog logo  bedroom pink american clay 4



Those drapes were only $2.00 each side BRAND new at the thrift store!


Blog Kaelahs bedroom pink american clay 1


(Remember the seashell and mirror mosaic art I created using those left over capiz sea shells?  I found the entire string of them for a few bucks at the thrift store.)


blog logo bedroom pink american clay 3
Red heart WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????  Red heart
blog contest pink clay 1

Both my daughter and I are tickled pink about it Winking smile ha,ha!  Do you guys like it? 


Linking up to: Thrifty Decor Chick



12 comments:

  1. I've seen it in person and it is even prettier than the pictures. You are a wonder, Selina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks great. Is it hard to do? I don't know anything about the "clay", but I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful and I'm sure your daughter LOVES it and that's what is most important. We built a home when my baby girl was 3. She wanted pink EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE. Walls, carpet, countertops. We settled for accents IN HER ROOM ONLY. Pink glass shades on the ceiling fan, etc so we could change them out when she outgrew that pink phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reply to Janice: No, it's really not hard to do! It takes a little practice and is quite time consuming but pretty simple. You can search "american clay" on my blog to see other posts about it or go to www.americanclay.com and watch the "how to" videos. YouTube also has some great videos showing people putting it on their wall. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the curtains. My sister has those same curtains, I think. Very cute. You did a nice job on the room. I like your blog! Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo beautiful, Selina! Thanks for stopping by my blog & sending me your link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet room!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day… I am your newest "follower"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gor.Geous! I love the texture - it seems extremely kid friendly!

    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I appreciate you stopping by!

    Jen @ Noting Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all the texture. Great job on pulling it together. I am a huge fan of texture so I may have to try out this 'american clay' some time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A selection of home decor

    We offer a large variety of products to suit your needs!Home Decor, Bedding, bath , Kitchen, Garden decor and ornaments products,Health and Beauty products,Electronics, Tools, Automotive, Outdoor and Sports products. Also get an extra touch to your house with our Holidays products! We provide you with over 10.000 items. Don't forget to check our Sale items, they are all up to %50 off .Also check our website for new arrivals..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...