Sticky Chicken - A Spicy Coconut Ginger AMAZING and EASY dish - Great for Company

THIS.....IS......SOOOOOO......GOOD!!!!!  You'll want to bookmark or PIN it!




The lady I got this from said she serves it all the time when guest come over and they always ask for this chicken recipe.  That’s how I got it, I took one bite and knew I had to put it on my “must make” list!  To top it all off, this recipe is easy and you guys know I don’t post recipes on here unless they are easy cause this crafty mama doesn’t spend a ton of time in the kitchen.  :-)


OK back to the Chicken Dish…..you can make this less or more spicy by adjusting the chili flakes to your liking.


Sticky  Chicken with Chili Glaze   (serves 2-3)

 
1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh (6-8 pieces and yes, Costco does sell these in the frozen bag section)

¾ c coconut milk

1 TBSP minced ginger

1 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. chili flakes

Mix Coconut, ginger, pepper, and chili flakes


Rinse and dry chicken. Add to coconut marinade (sit for 1 hr. – 1 day)

Set chicken in foil dish tin for 20 minutes on high (in tin) on the BBQ. Take out of the tin and grill (medium heat) another 10 min basting with chili sauce while cooking.

Set chicken on a serving plate, pour chili glaze over chicken. Serve over jasmine or sticky rice and garnish with green onion slices.

Chili Glaze

¾ c rice vinegar

½ c sugar  (or use Palm Sugar, very low GI index and full of nutrients.  That is what I use and it turns out delicious!)

3 tbsp. soy sauce.

1 tsp. chili flakes

Boil and stir to reduce to 1/2c (8-10min)

(Can make ahead and chill then reheat.)



 
My husband doesn’t like coconut and he said this chicken has a great flavor.  He said to put it on my “make again” list.   If you don’t have access to a BBQ, I’d just throw it in the oven and bake at 375 for 20 min and then take out and grill them in a pan.  Just experiment with it, the best part of the recipe is the sauce and flavor so I don’t think how you cook it up will make a huge difference.  (I promise, using the palm sugar tastes just as good or better than plain old white sugar)



The links I provided in the Chili Glaze are for iherb.com - be sure and use my coupon ESE794 for 5.00 off your first order AND free shipping on $20.00 or more.  They have fantastic prices on healthy food.

No comments:

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...