The Best Banana Pumpkin Bread– Healthy and EASY!

Oh this was really good!  I’ll admit, sometimes when I am trying to use healthier ingredients on a traditional bread I wonder how it will turn out but let me just tell you, you will NOT be disappointed.  My husband who tends to not like anything “healthy” told me “Wow, that tastes great!”


blog healthy banana pumpkin bread

I found this recipe (and modified it slightly) from The Purple Carrot 
This happens to be Dairy Free and (refined) Sugar Free


Ingredients: (for one loaf)
(I sprinkled coconut palm sugar on the top before baking, you could also use Sugar in the Raw, it forms a  yummy crystallization on top.)

Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Mash bananas stir in all other wet ingredients.
  • In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients
  • Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir
  • Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for approx. 65 minutes.  In the mini loaf pans I baked for about 55 minutes (I made a double batch)

That’s it!! Easy and a great way to use up those bananas!  It was so moist and I loved the texture the oats brought to the bread.  It reminded me of my FAVORITE wheat bread recipe, if you haven’t tried that yet, go over there and mark it for later.  It’s to DIE for!!!!

blog healthy pumpkin banana bread
If you use Pinterest, be sure and pin this for future reference  :-)

If you are wondering where to buy healthy ingredients for a good price these are my two favorite sites to buy from:

  • iherb (get $5.00 off your first order with this link)
  • vitacost (get $10.00 off your first order with this link)

ENJOY my FRIENDS! 
Linking to Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
~ Selina

Please see my disclosure policy if you have any questions regarding links.

No comments:

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...