Creative Juices AWARD - Old Wood Doors and Decor


I have a thing for old wood decor.  Whenever I pass an old barn or a junk pile I wonder if I could ever get up enough nerve to ask the owner if I could grab a few boards!  We live in northern Idaho so finding these dilapidated barns and wood piles are everywhere......but my nerves have always gotten the better of me.  Here is my Creative Juices Award for old wood and doors!


DOMESTIC DOOZIE utilized this old pallet she got for free to be stained and put on her wall!  I would probably use it for a bookcase......can you just see old books on those slats?


I know it's not Christmas, but I have ALWAYS adored (as in madely in love with) Finding Home's barn wood mantle.  Here's a secret, if I can find any barn wood myself, you WILL see a variation of this on my mantle this Christmas!  (oh, and if I get around to making it!)

Christmas Mantel 2011 015


Here is one of my Favorite Photos of home interiors that used barn doors off my Pinterest boards.
Be Inspired!!




I believe I saw this photo first on Viva Full House  (I don't think she had an original link?)





5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gallery of old wood doors your put together for us to enjoy in your post--they are lovely! I thank you so much for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving an encouraging comment--glad you enjoyed my autumn tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Selina, Beautiful inspiration photos. I love old doors too but have never done anything with one either ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started a new board on Pinterest "Pallet Love". I can't believe the cute ideas that are out there that are made with Pallets. I added your's to that list of "Pinned" cuteness :-)

    http://www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love those sliding doors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the sweet feature! Good luck finding wood - can't wait to see what you come up with. Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...