The Best Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie

I’ll admit, I’ve always been on a quest to see if there was a way to make a chocolate chip cookie just a little healthier.  The reason is, I’d like to be able to eat 6 cookies instead of 3, you think I’m joking, but I’m not! Ha!


blog healthier oatmeal chocolate chip cookie


In the past, I have NOT had a lot of success.  They usually taste just gross and my kids won’t touch them with a 10 foot pole.  Well I finally  HIT THE JACKPOT with these!  They are moist, full of flavor and delicious.  They passed the most important taste test as my kids said they were great! :-)


blog healthier chocolate chip cookie


These cookies have around 100 calories each instead of 200+ for a regular CCC.  They also have a lot more fiber and protein.  Very cool – huh!


Healthier Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (approx. 3 dozen) 

2 cups rolled oats (dried)
2 cups flour (I did 1 c whole wheat pastry flour and 1 c regular white)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup coconut or palm sugar
2 Tbsp. “More Fiber Baking Stevia
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
2 Tbsp. chia seeds (I sprinkled some into the “wet mix”)
3 tsp. vanilla
2 cups mini chocolate chips (they spread out the chocolate flavor more without using as much!)


DIRECTIONS:

First lay out all your oats on a baking pan and toast them at 350° for 10 minutes.  (set aside)

Sir together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl (set aside)

In a mixer, beat all oils and sugars. Sprinkle in chia seeds. Next add eggs and vanilla, beat well.  Gently fold in oats, flour mixture and chocolate chips.

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. 

Bake 10-12 minutes at 350° (I pressed mine down a little because they didn’t seem to spread themselves)


blog healthier oatmeal chocolate chip cookie


I can’t wait for you guys to make these.  I really want to know what you think and I’d LOVE to hear some comments on it. 

Maybe you have another idea to make it even healthier without subtracting from the taste?  Have fun with this, experiment a little. 

What if we added more chia seeds and used less oil? (chia seeds are so good for you and takes the place of oil!)  For a great list of nutritional benefits of chia seeds be sure and click the link – it will knock your socks off!!!

Previously in healthy recipes I’ve tired replacing some oils with applesauce but I’m worried it will taste too fruity if I do that. 


For those that have no desire to eat a healthier version – here is my favorite chewy, full of good buttery
flavor (and calories)  Chocolate Chip Cookie!




Any suggestions?  Ideas?  Please try this and tell me what you think! :-)

If you are wondering where to buy healthy ingredients for a good price these are my two favorite sites to buy from:
 
  • iherb (get $5.00 off your first order with this link)
  • vitacost (get $10.00 off your first order with this link)
ENJOY my FRIENDS! ~ Selina

Please see my disclosure policy if you have any questions regarding links.

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh those sound good. I could pretend a few of them were breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...