Ideas and Tips on Decorating with Shutters


I absolutely LOVE shutters......I love them as unusable window covering options and I love them used separately as home decor.


Doesn't this picture just make you happy??  

source


You can see in my home, I placed "Cafe" shutters in my dining room.

Closed


Open



Like always, people all over Blogland have come up with fun and new ways to use leftover shutters.

How about as a HEADBOARD!  Isn't that color gorgeous?  Very coastal feeling.




How about covering an entire WALL with old shutters!!  Keep your eye out at thrift stores and garage sales!

Source


Of course, you can always just find ONE shutter and paint it to match your home decor and use it to :


hang kitchen accessories
 make a coat/towel rack
or hang photos


source

West Furniture Revival
I love the idea of using a piece like this for holding Christmas cards too!  Holly put little key hooks on this to use as an organizational piece also....

Life As a Thrifter


I hope this has inspired your Creative Juices!
Keep your eye out this summer for shutters and when you do something with them, I'd love a picture! creativejuicesdecor

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING OFF MY MUDD ROOM SHUTTER COAT RACK! what a nice surprise!
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the planning, its thus finished and tailored. fantastic post with lots of attractive Wooden shutters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using shutters is far better than other window covering options, not only it enhances the looks of a house, but also adds so many functional features like one can control the entrance of sunlight and air, it also provides privacy and security of house. I have also renovating my house and ordered plantation shutters from Shutterco- plantation shutters Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...