HEALTHY Cookie Recipe Guide


Happy New Year!!! 

Who likes New Year resolutions?  I like them (and I know some people don't!) but I just feel there is never a BAD time of year to write (or reaffirm) your goals.  

In regards to the #1 New Year resolution of eating better I decided to post some of the healthier versions of my favorite cookies.



Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies 


1 cup egg whites
2 1/2 cups raw oats
1 RIPE BANANA 
2/3 c fat free Greek Yogurt
2 tsp Stevia (or sprinkle in to taste)
3 TBSP almond or peanut butter (can try less if you want)
72 choc chips (3 chips per cookie)  :-)
SO EASY......just mix all together and bake!  
350 oven.....
25 - 30 min until golden brown

Makes 24 cookies
75 calories
Macros:  3 g fat/4 g protein/ 2 g fiber/ 9 g carbs


Optional additions:
cocoa nibs or cocoa powder
craisens or raisins
coconut flakes
carob chips
nuts
white chocolate chips
chia seeds

In the picture below, I only had white chocolate chips on hand and they tasted GREAT in it.  I also sprinkled some coconut palm sugar on the top before baking which gave them a nice caramel look.



One thing you will notice when baking yummy treats in a healthier fashion is that a lot of times they call for bananas or applesauce.  Here's the trick though, the bananas have to be OVERLY ripe.  I always keep a bag of peeled bananas that have become way too ripe for my kids to eat in my freezer.  It is PERFECT for making shakes and baking.  You'll never have to throw away an old banana again!


Here are a few more inspirational cookie recipes!


A good friend sent me this recipe:


He said that by using applesauce instead of the egg whites the cookies below were more moist than the oatmeal ones above.  (I like the added protein in using the egg whites myself!)


skinny fork

This recipe looked fantastic!


Chocolate Covered Katie


These are other very tasty healthy cookies I have made.

This recipe used ripe bananas and almond flour rolled in shredded coconut.  VERY GOOD!





There you have it!  Give them a try and tell me what you think.  :-)

The cool thing is, you totally could eat ANY of these cookies for breakfast and not feel bad :-)

Coffee and Healthy Cookies.....what more could you ask for? :-)
creativejuicesdecor

No comments:

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...