Create the Look You Always Wanted With Great Accessory Purchases.

Hello Friends!

As this post goes out I am actually on the East Coast (I live on the West Coast) helping a friend completely accessorize her home.  How fun is that? :-)

Having accessorizing on my mind, I thought it would be fun to show you different accessory vignettes and inspirations.  I created a list with my friend of some BASIC home decor accessories that REALLY add a designers touch to your home.  These are actual things she ordered off Amazon that will hopefully arrive by the time I'm there :-)  

First thing to do if you want to create a designer look in your own home is come up with a inspirational picture or create a mood board of a bunch of your favorite looks. mood board is a type of collage consisting of images, text, and samples of objects in a composition. 

These were some of my friends inspirational pictures:









After discussing the options together,  these are some of the things she bought:


1.) A pair of wall sconces

(GREAT for on either side of any art piece or mirror!  She just got these in and said they were beautiful!!)


                                                   Hammered Mirror Wall Sconce - Set of 2




These were one of my favorites! I might just have to find a spot to put these in my own home!







2) A set of pillar candles

(These go so well on ANY mantel area or table top - make sure and get the varying heights!)

                               Carved Wooden Candle Holder in Different Sizes Set of 3



3) Large wall clock

(It's hard to go wrong with a wall clock, you can find a spot for this type of thing anywhere!)

                                                 IMAX Large Wall Clock with Pendulum



4) Greenery

(Buy large for the corner of the room and small for all your table tops. I can not stress enough how much greenery adds to a room!)

                            Silk Decor Preserved Boxwood Ball Topiary, 8.2-Inch, Green


5.) Wall Decor 

(My friend also purchased a mirror at a great price at an antique shop. We will be spraying the frame Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze as right now the color doesn't fit it - SUCH an easy fix!)

                                  Metal Wall Decor With Six Round Shaped Plates by Benzara










Extras

A comfy throw and pillows

(This is perfect to add some layering on a sofa.....layering really adds that designer touch)

                Home Rich Brown Fringed Chenille Throw Blanket Soft & Cozy Warm Chocolate




                          Pillow Perfect Linen/Red French Postale Rectangular Throw Pillow




Fun accessories

(Department stores like Homegoods, TJ Maxx and Ross always have these type of things at great prices too)
                                                  Set of 2 Rattan/Metal Lidded Boxes




                                                Large Old World Camping Candle Lantern





I mentioned to my friend she really needed a console table (as that is where a lot of these accessories belong!) and a few weeks later, she sends me a photo of a console table her husband just built for her.  Um.....OK!!   (AMAZING.....her husband is like a magic genie!)  :-)





So there  you have it - what I am up to this weekend!  I'll be sure and take lots of pictures and show you guys the final before and afters.  :-)  It will be fun.
creativejuicesdecor

2 comments:

  1. Do you know the source of the third inspiration picture? I love the mirrored bowl-like things on the wall,
    I enjoy your blog: thanks for continuing to share. Also, my painted cabinet pulls are going stron...3 years and counting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am 99% sure they were from Pottery Barn. But I know you could go to Michael's and buy those "raw" circle mirrors in all different sizes (very inexpensive). Then keep your eye out for cool wooden bowls maybe at world market or even Ross. You could make your own for a fraction of the price!!

      I'm also so happy to hear the spray painted handles have held up so well!!!! I always appreciate comments left for my readers :-) thank you

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...