Healthy Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Hey Friends!

I can't let this month pass us up without a new, super healthy YUMMY cookie recipe!


This one is REALLY good my friends :-)  AND...... I do not feel in the least bit guilty having two (3, 4 maybe 5) of these for breakfast. Ha!  You can easily make these gluten and sugar free if you want.  




The SECRET to making these (and lots of other) healthy cookies is make sure and use REALLY ripe bananas.  Regular yellow bananas just won't do the trick.....they have to be over ripe and soft! I always keep a zip lock bag of peeled, over ripe bananas in my freezer.

What I enjoy most about these cookies is they have this great dense texture - an almost hearty feel. The chocolate isn't so bad either - hee,hee.  I will also tell you, these are even BETTER the next day (another fact with a LOT of healthy cooking recipes) I put them in a zip lock bag and refrigerate them.


Selina's Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
18 cookies

2 RIPE bananas
4 Tbsp NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup (or the mint syrup if you adventurous!)
(or 3 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder sweetened with 3 tsp NuNaturals Stevia )
3 Tbsp egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c almonds ground to an almond flour
2 cups oatmeal divided (1/2 c turned to oat flour)
6 scoops (or 90 grams total) protein powder (regular, vanilla or chocolate is fine)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Dash of salt
1/2 c chocolate chips 

*you can use healthy sugar free chocolate chips and gluten free oatmeal for health issues if you want!


First mix wet ingredients together.  In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together.  Combine the wet with the dry and mix well. (It's best to add chocolate chips at the very end, lightly stirring them in)  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. (slightly undercooked is WAY better than overcooked for these cookies)

Nutritional Info for one cookie:
Calories - 106
Protein - 5.9
Carbs- 13.5
Fat - 3.8
Fiber - 1.4

Macros: 48% carb/ 21% protein/ 31% fat


I am sold on them, one of my favorites for sure.  (And one of my FAMILIES favorite, yes, I even got the "yummy approval" from my kids!)



If you want a few other healthy recipes to use or pin,  here are a few great ones from past posts:











Slightly Healthier (but still a bit naughty) Chocolate Chip Cookies:




Here's to staying healthy - Enjoy my friends!  
creativejuicesdecor

5 comments:

  1. Those cookies look amazing! Now I just need some more chocolate syrup to make them a reality!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used stevia but only plain. The flavors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never used it before! Sounds awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only used plain stevia before, so this seems very interesting! Thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently visit this Blog you share such a nice Information Thanks for sharing this with us

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...