Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

I LOVE pumpkin any time of the year so here is a DELICIOUS recipe for all you healthy eaters out there! 


healthy pumpkin dessert no sugar

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.

1 large egg
2 Tbsp. milk
¼ c apple butter (or 1/4 ripe banana)
1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
Chia gel stevia mix (1/3 cup warm water with 1 tbsp. chia seeds with ½ tsp. pure powdered stevia – mix and let sit at least 15 min)
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring or 1 tbsp. maple syrup
3 dates chopped fine.
1 cup cooked pumpkin or squash.
¾ c coconut flour mix (see note, can use regular flour)
¾ c almond meal (just finely ground almonds)
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Oil 8” shallow square pan. Lightly beat the egg and milk. (set aside) Beat the melted oil in a lg mixing bowl with the apple butter, chia stevia mix, maple flavoring and dates. Stir in beaten egg. Gently mix in the pumpkin.

Sift the flours, baking powder, spices, and salt together. Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet. The batter will be stiff so smooth out top when you put into your pan.

Bake 30 min

(my 9 year old daughter said these would taste great in a cupcake tin with the wrapper and topped with the “frosting”. They aren’t at all cake like but they would be in great snack size portions by doing that.)

Notes: (I have mama's coconut flour brand – it’s pretty starchy with potato flour, tapioca etc. and actually coconut flour is the last ingredient! If you aren’t gluten sensitive use regular flour)

pumpkin bars and chocolate chips 015
This is what the soaked chia seed mixture looks like.

 
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. soft cream cheese
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. honey
Up to ½ tsp. powdered stevia extract (to taste really)
Soften cream cheese and milk in a bowl. Beat vanilla, stevia extract and honey. Whip until thoroughly blended and creamy.


You're in for a treat! Enjoy

pumpkin bar 2

Both of these were adapted from the cook book called Stevia by Rita DePuydt.

 Don't miss out on Selina's home decor tips and inspirations - Sign up to receive her once a week post :-)

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


5 comments:

  1. You're very sweet but frequently give me too much credit. You already knew Photoshop and were definitely stubborn enough to figure it out on your own... I just gave you a little nudge. Turned out beautiful! Stevia seems to constantly be the one ingredient I lack when it comes to making these recipes. I keep putting off buying it and then I always regret it *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I just bookmarked and sent this recipe to a good 6 friends. No refined sugar and you used Coconut Flour. Im literally giddy right now :) I LOVE pumpkin.
    Also- Wanted to invite you to participate in an Event I host each Week Called Seasonal Sundays. (next event happens of course next sunday) This recipe fits the theme perfectly :)
    xo, Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I love how they look (and I'm sure taste as well!) amazing and they're pretty healthy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by to comment at Thrifty Decorating. I just LOVE your header! I'm looking forward to checking out your blog!
    Nikki@ Thrifty Decorating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. Thank you for this. Regular pumpkin bars kill me when I read "1 stick of butter." WHAT? Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...