COLD Coeur d’Alene verses SUNNY San Marcos

So I grew up in the grey, rainy area of Seattle.  Of course, having lived no where else I really didn’t think Seattle was grey and rainy.  It was just Seattle. I liked it.



(Bing free photo images)  A Seattle bridge I traveled on often.

Next I moved to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and realized that blue skies were actually possible and in fact, they were the norm!  In the winter it was VERY cold but at least it still had a wonderful blue sky. I liked Coeur d'Alene.  When I went home to visit my family who still lived in Seattle I always felt WET and grey.  To me, Seattle had now become rainy and dreary…..ALL the time. 

Jan 8 morning
Picture just out my back door!

Here’s the kicker……..

Next was a move to San Marcos, California – and that is where I was forever changed.  Why didn’t someone warn me how amazing it is over there?  Not only was it never grey, but it was warm all the time!  Every morning I woke up to birds chirping, blue skies and palm trees swaying.  I felt like I was on a vacation every day of the year.  (I am not joking)  A cup of coffee and our backyard was all I needed to start my day off right, with a big smile plastered on my face.  AHHHHH, the warmth, the birds, and the soft breeze.  (we lived 20 minutes away from the ocean, which made a nice breeze even on those extra hot days)

I liked (OK, loved) Sunny California. 

My typical day might begin like this, “Kids get your flip flops on and head to the car – we’re off to the beach or maybe it’s Sea World today!!!! Really who cares – it’s warm and sunny!”

Laguna Beach - one of our favorites!

But today I am back in cold Coeur d’Alene, I think it’s to hit a low of 5 degrees today.  If I had never lived in San Diego I don’t think this would bother me, but it does.  Some of the North Dakota readers are laughing right now as I hear a low of -30 is normal.  BUT I have not lived in North Dakota yet, so I can’t add that experience to my list

cold but beautiful
Yep - still a picture out my back door!

My in-laws are moving to Australia for 2 months.  I’d really like to add that one to my list……..we’ll see.  Smile

No comments:

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...