Happy New Year, now Eat Your Vegetables!

OK, it's the New Year blog friends and now everyone will be on a health food kick.  (At least for a month - right!)  There are some of us who refuse to make New Years resolutions but I actually like making them. Why?  Because I feel if I aim for the moon I might miss, but at least I'll land among the stars, and that is good enough for me :-)


My food goals:

Eat more vegetables (as in for lunch and dinner every time!)
Experiment in Gluten Free and Sugar Free cooking. (my favorite site highlighted)
Try new dinner recipes - get a good collection going.  (when will I stop collecting and start making!)

So here's to eating more vegetables (I didn't say RAW - I need a good healthy sauce on mine!)

Sweet and Salty Mushroom Sauce:   (I may have just lost half my readers!)

Wash and cut mushrooms
1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tsp agave or maple syrup

Sauté till tender (Trust me, you'll be pleasantly surprised)


OR add onions and red peppers for a full palate of veggies in this sauce.  I'm serious, it tastes SO good!



That is hot steam coming from the dish!  Yummy!
How about this easy onion, sundried tomato, feta cheese veggie dish:

Saute sweet onions with a few olive oil soaked sundried tomatoes.
Add a dash of Italian spices or your favorite herb.
Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Sweet onions are my absolute favorite - they naturally caramelize with just a little sauteing.  (not to mention that onions are GREAT for not getting sick!)



I made this sauce up the other day (If you love Thai, I think you'll love this!)



Isn't that plate ridicules! (as in so silly!) I bought it at Ross for 3 bucks. 


Asparagus or Brussels Sprout sauce:

1/8 c soy sauce
½ c coconut milk
1 tsp ginger
Dash of curry
Dash of Stevia
(Optional minced garlic)
Blend up and pour over pre-steamed veggies Рsaut̩ for 2-3 min to mix flavors

Kimi from The Nourishing Gourmet (what an awesome blog!) posted a recipe for:

Garlicky Thyme Sauteed Mushrooms - Ahh - look at that picture!

sauteedmushrooms

1 lb of mushrooms
1-3 garlic cloves
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
!/2 - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar to taste

Saute up in the butter and olive oil , add garlic and thyme.  Once soft and golden drizzle on the vinegar and salt to taste. 

If you want more inspiration click to see Kimi's entire list of easy veggie dishes!

See this doesn't seem too hard - right? 

Have fun experimenting and getting those Creative Cooking Juices Flowing.  I would love it if you left a comment with your favorite easy veggie dish. (I need all the help I can get!)

3 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by that recipe for brussel sprouts sauce. I *love* brussel sprouts. Bet you didn't know that about me! This is quite the list of fun links. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. Did you really eat a bowl of onions with feta on top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply: YES!! But you have to get the SWEET onions. Regular onions are yucky to eat by themselves but sweet onions make all the difference. Try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you who buys a bling plate like that: bloggers. That's who they are marketing to. Up till this point I have never in my life thought "gee, I wish I had a pretty plate so I could photograph this food." No matter how great the food, it looks pretty lame at my house because my dish collection consists of green plates from Big Lots and mason jars. That is why I stacked a bunch of cookies on top of a CANDLE to photograph recently. I need a bling plate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...