Tuesday Treasures–Another thrift store chest!

When Lauren from West Furniture Revival commented on my post regarding the fun $10.00 craigslist toy chest I did I had to ask her if I could show my readers the chest SHE did.  It is just so fantastic and I love the inspiration she gives us for all those piece of junk items at the thrift store!

My Quote for the day:

Thrift is poetic because it is creative; waste is unpoetic because it is waste. -G.K. Chesterton


Enjoy!!!

I FOUND THIS OLD WHITE WICKER TRUNK AT THE TRIFT STORE FOR 6.99 AND I GOT 25% OFF.  SO I FIGURED IT WAS A DEAL EVEN THOUGH I WAS HESITANT ABOUT THE WICKER. I HAVE NEVER WORKED WITH WICKER AND THOUGHT NO MATTER WHAT I DID THAT THIS WOULD STILL HAVE A BORING LOOK. I SANDED DOWN THE HARDWARE AND PAINTED IT WITH OIL RUBBED BRONZE SPRAY PAINT.

BEFORE...
 




 
 
 


AND THE AFTER...




 





 
IT WAS A LEARN AS YOU GO PROCESS AND IT THINK IT WORKS...

Thank you Lauren!!!  It’s fantastic!  My green and brown chest look so dull compared to this!

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the feature...love your blog..
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chest is great too! I'm still thinking about mine that I need to do. I love seeing transformations!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...