UBER Healthy Gluten Free Cookies

Gluten Free, Good For you, Go Figure, Guilt Free, cookies!

Coconut Banana Cookie Bites :-)

coconut banana cookie bites gluten free




Coconut Banana Cookie Bites:  
(found in a NuNaturals Stevia recipe book, although I modified it to fit my taste)

1 ripe banana (the riper the better - I usually peel and freeze all my over ripe bananas and pull out when I make banana bread or this recipe)

1 cup almond flour (I use my magic bullet or food processor to finely grind up my almonds into a flour - of course you can always use regular flour but if you are really going for UBER healthy using the almonds is the best.......at least in my opinion!) 

1 cup coconut flakes (I use unsweetened) 

3 tablespoons coconut oil (heated on LOW just to liquify)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt

2 teaspoons cinnamon (can add ginger, nutmeg, or cloves too)

Stevia to taste

Here is the "fun" part.  I use Stevia in ALL my baking. There are SO many different brands out there that are equivalent to different measurements so I'll tell you that it needs to be stevia equal to 1/4 cup of sugar.  


Combine all ingredients and blend

Form golf ball size cookie balls (leave plain or roll in options below, also I like to press mine down with a fork)

Also you can do this in a pan and just make bars (GREAT breakfast bars, I have them with a cup of coffee in the morning)

Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.  (I like to slightly under cook mine so I take it out at 15 min)

Store in refrigerator or airtight container (after you eat a bunch yourself right away!) 
Makes about 18 cookies so you might want to do a double batch.  :-)

I actually like these even better the next day!  I really hope you like them because I think they taste amazing.  (that is, for UBER healthy cookies)

This recipe happens to be gluten free!  You can add oatmeal instead of the coconut if your not a coconut fan.  (or add both coconut and oatmeal!)

Of course you can add chocolate chips or raisins.  


Here is what I like to do to add variety.  (without the sugary chocolate chips invading my healthy cookie, OK I'm really not THAT bad.  I'll add chocolate chips if I want.)

Roll cookie ball in powdered unsweetened cocoa and stevia mix.
Roll in unsweetened coconut (coconut has so much sweetness naturally I don;t add any stevia to this topping)
Roll in a ground nut/cinnamon mixture.  Zap your favorite nut in the food processor and roll the cookie ball right in it.

These pictures are before being put in the oven.
I like pressing them down with a fork. These don't expand or flatten in the oven.

gluten free coconut banana bites

VOILA!!  

If you try these please come back and leave a comment - maybe your favorite variation?  Also feel free to leave us a link to your favorite healthy cookie.  I have two favorite Gluten Free blog one is  Amy @ Simply Sugar and Gluten Free and Elana @  Elanas Pantry.  Check them out for amazing GF recipes.

 Don't miss out on Selina's home decor tips and inspirations - Sign up to receive her once a week post :-)

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


10 comments:

  1. How did I miss the fact that you went gluten free? Is this a recent thing? So, part of me wants to make these because you used the word uber in describing them several times, and because I just won't feel like a healthy person unless I have made these. But I'm not gonna lie, the whole stevia thing kind of freaks me out.... I think I may be a spoiled brat. I will let you know ;) Great post though, and the cup with the cookies was a great way to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs as always, Selina! What a yummy recipe. Can't wait to try it. (BTW - I love Elana, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for new gf recipes- can't wait to try these! Quick question...may I use vegetable oil or evoo instead of coconut? I only have veg and oo in my pantry.

    http://howtobakeacrocodile.blogspot.com
    http://preppypinkcrocodile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reply to Preppy: I think I might subsitute it with butter but give it a try with the oil you have on hand. These are pretty fail proof cookies. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm going to have to follow you. You have lots of great looking recipes that are perfect for my family's special dietary needs.

    http://nurturedfamilylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting (not very patiently) for a shipment of almond flour to come in. They look amazing! I am putting these on the "must try" list.

    http://nurturedfamilylifeDOTblogspotDOMcom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa! No need to be patient any longer. Just take some whole almonds and grind them up in your food processor till they look like the texture of flour (processes too much and you'll get almond butter!) I do that with all my recipes that call for almond flour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the definition! I'm one of those people who like that kind of information. :) Your cookies look great and I love the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...