Cowhide Dresser? You gotta see this.

I ran across Vivienne at the Vspot Blog and couldn’t believe what I was seeing, a DIY dresser with real cow hide drawer fronts - I LOVE it! Vivienne is fantastic with turning "trash" into "treasure", her blog is lots of fun.

The BEFORE: (craigslist purchase for 25 bucks)
Seriously, would you have been able to see any potential?  I’m pretty good at seeing potential and I’m not sure I could have gotten the vision for this one!


The After!




I just love the texture and the interest it creates. A definite conversation starter. Wouldn't it look amazing in a home like this!! I ADORE the nail head table and that wrought iron ball chandelier.  If you want your home to have a lot of character just think of ways you can add texture - it will spark a LOT of love in your home.

photo via full house

I have a very classic and traditional home but I think I just might attempt this……one day when I butcher the cows in my backyard!! HAHA…. Smile

~ Creative Juices Decor~

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing. Is that a paint effect or real cow hide? I would love to have something like this for my son's room, as it is a western theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply to Mum: Yes! It's real cow hide. You can buy remnants off eBay for not too much. For the tacks she bought strings of furniture tacks to nail around the sides. I saw the pic of your sons room - this would be SO cool in there. Good luck with your daughters room too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature! It definitely is a conversation piece and it was a labor of love to work on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...