Final School Projects–A Candy Cane Invention

sweet
OK seriously, I’m supposed to make my daughter’s invented candy school assignment at home with her and what does she tell me she invented???  “Candy Cane My Way”  a tuttie fruity candy cane made with melted fruit roll ups and pop rock candy!  I was thinking, WHAATTT?  I don’t even know how to make candy (if you’ve read this blog for a while you know that I try to bake fairly healthy.) 

004

Step # 1, Google how to make pulled sugar (which is the structure for candy canes).  I found the “how to” and this is just one paragraph:

pulling

“Pulling and stretching the candy is intrinsic to the texture of pulled sugar, but it can be dangerous. Be very careful not to burn yourself when pulling taffy. Do not handle the candy until it is cool enough to touch, and beware that candy that feels cool on the surface can be burning hot underneath. I recommend wearing a pair of latex gloves (or two) while pulling candy, to prevent burns and overheating.” (about.com)

Doesn’t that sound like fun – I’d say she picked a winner!  Open-mouthed smile So off we begin to make her “Candy Cane My Way”  (with no candy thermometer mind you, I wasn’t about to spend even more $ along with the corn syrup, sugar, fruit roll ups and pop rocks I had to buy.)

018

The funniest part about this was she had to write up a:
Candy description
Step by step instructions how to make actual candy
Candy name
Candy packaging description
Detailed illustrations

AND a Commercial script to preform!!!!!






I’m reading over all the stuff she has written up about how she “Strongly believes this candy is the best” and then I see this side note that reads, “if you are a healthy eater do NOT eat this”  I couldn’t stop smiling – so I have rubbed off on her!  Now all I have to do is explain the rules of making people want to buy your stuff Smile

aria

Overall it was a complete success! (yes, that surprised me a lot!)  Her invention was fantastic and we both didn’t end up with third degree burns!  YES!

Candy Cane My Way! 

love   ~Creative Juices Decor~

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. Your daughter is so cute and also she is very creative and talented!

    I've given you the Versatile Blogger Award, please stop by to pick it up:

    http://slipstitchesandmore.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! That little video was THE cutest and funniest thing I've seen all week. You are raising a genius, because I *never* would have come up with something like that. I'm totally impressed.... and now living in fear of my child being assigned a similar project. I'm impressed with you~ edited photos, cute frames, AND a you-tube upload? You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fantastic!! She is such a doll!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...