World Map Inspiration and Sneak Peak into my Sons Room

First off, I had no idea when I did that World Map project that it would be my second highest viewed post right under my Clock Pottery Barn Knockoff.  (Close to 15,000 views!)  I am soooo happy that people like it and have been inspired to make their own version. 


I just had a reader send me her version of my canvas map and it is BEAUTIFUL.  I told her I have to show you guys.  Here is Nicholle’s map she made.






Don’t you just LOVE it!!!  The colors are perfect and the edges, everything!  She is super sweet so hop on over to her blog and read up on how she tweaked the project.



Here’s another picture of the World Map I did:
blk white color map


Has anyone else out there in blog land made this map project??  Please send me a photo – I love seeing what you guys have done with ANY of the projects I’ve posted on here. 


I’ll give you guys a sneak peak  where I put this in my new home Smile  Still in my son’s room but with an added twist!  It’s his “Explorer” room now.  I’ll give you a full shot of his room soon. 


world map and ship photo in sons room 013





A little trick I did this time when hanging it was I hot glued flat headed thumb tacks onto each corner and let it dry thoroughly (like 20 min).  It made it SOOOO easy to just line up and lightly hammer into the wall.   


aria's valance 008

aria's valance 009

And I think I’ll just attach a few more shots to build up some suspense Smile so that you guys will keep reading the blog – at least I’ll try Smile


Pottery Barn Explorer Pillow – Those are the colors in his room.  (of course, I did get the pillow on sale!! You guys know I’m too thrifty to buy it full price.)





More my kind of price tag – thrift store ship for $1.50

world map and ship photo in sons room 011


world map and ship photo in sons room 005

Stay Tuned my Friends!!
Selina – CreativeJuicesDecor

Linking up to: 

Thrifty Decor Chick

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting geared up to do a project with canvas and fabric - I love your map! What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I can't believe you found those ships at the thrift store. You have an internal magnet for good stuff. I go in there and just find junk.

    Also, I have a ship you can have. It's not as cool as those, but it doesn't fit with anything I'm doing and it is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting via the TDC link party...
    Love, love, love the map canvas. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...