Healthy Pumpkin Protein Muffins

Hey Friends!

    Where do I start?  :-)

I found this recipe about a year ago and I haven't stopped making it since.  I even have the recipe memorized and it takes me MAYBE 7 minutes to whip this up.  I have it for breakfast with coffee ALL....THE....TIME!

It is SOOOOOOO yummy and healthy!
My husband loves them too (and he's not even a "health nut" like I am.)

Healthy Pumpkin Protein Muffins

I've experimented with the original recipe MANY times and have finally come up with the PERFECT combination.  They are incredibly moist and dense.

pumpkin protein muffins


Did I mention these have NO sugar and NO flour in them? Ya, crazy they taste so stinkin good :-) 


healthy muffins

Alright, here is the recipe. 
(I know, I had a little too much fun taking pictures - sorry!)

HEALTHY PUMPKIN PROTEIN BREAKFAST MUFFINS


                   
 2 OVERRIPE bananas
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1/2 c egg whites
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 c water
2 cups oats
1/2 tsp salt
Stevia to your taste
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/3 c Pea protein powder (raw)
1 1/2 cups berries. (Raspberries and blueberries are my favorites)
*if you get vanilla flavored pea protein powder you might not need any extra stevia.


                 
          
 Just mix all ingredients (except berries) till smooth. Save berries for last and gently fold them in.
Put liners in muffin tins and lightly spray with oil of choice (I use coconut) Spoon in mix and bake at 350 (I use convection setting) for 30 minutes. Should make 12 full muffins. I put them in a Ziploc bag.
EASY!!!!

 NOTE: THESE ARE MUCH BETTER STORED IN THE REFRIGERATOR AND EATEN THE FOLLOWING DAY.

I don't know why, but these do not taste great warm right out of the oven so no use in trying them right away, haha. 

ONLY 92 Calories per muffin (makes 12)
Macros per muffin: Carbs: 14  Protein: 5  Fat: 2


extra protein muffins



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


8 comments:

  1. Love your blog, as always :) :). Hope I win one of the Nu Natural giveaways ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a breakfast smoothies with banana and peanut butter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try Nu Naturals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggs with spinach and tomato and cheddar cheese. Coffee sweetened with the Nunaturals cocoa syrup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have eating plain old oats for years! Yes it does have protein, carbs, and fat so pretty perfect to me and something my tummy can handle. I add stevia of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like a protein smoothie for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like a protein smoothie for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...