How to Cut a Mango! (And Make a Mango Avocado Salad)


I always LOVE eating a ripe juicy mango.  It is such a special treat for me and the kids.  (I have a hard time getting hubby to eat fruit, or vegetables….it’s horrible!)


Anyway, I have found some great buys on mangos lately (this must be mango season) Costco has been selling them by the case for around .70 cents each. 


Since I spent a month in the Philippines as a teenager I am the authority on cutting mangoes.  OK, I’m just joking about being the authority on mango cutting but I did spend a month in the Philippines!  Some of you might already know how to cut a mango, but for those that don’t, this is a fun way how to do it!   



blog how to cut a mango

            1. Slice sides off leaving the center with the seed (you can eat it separately)

            2. Deeply score horizontally and vertically (not all the way through!) the mango sides.

            3. Flip inside out and enjoy (my kids LOVE that part!)


And now I’ll get to a simple but delicious recipe my friend made me when she came to visit.  It might not be the prettiest thing you ever saw but I LOVED the mix of flavors and hope you guys get a chance to try it.

mango cruton salad


BALSAMIC MANGO AVACADO Salad: (on right)


Equal amounts of avocado and mango

Any type of croutons
(I like using Rosemary sea salt bread - cut into cubes, coat with a little bit of olive oil, and bake in the oven for a few minutes).

A splash of balsamic vinegar (to taste)

Mix everything together.
 
There you have it – a fun way to use seasonal mangos!

Selina    ~CreativeJuicesDecor~

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your mango-cutting technique has solved one of the greatest problems know to man (and woman)!

    Thanks! I love mango's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's how I do it! I was always trying to cut the skin off first...

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...