Decorating with Musical Instruments


I know not every one out there is into the arts and music but for me, music is a huge part of my life.

On display is one of my old violins, unfortunately, when I was 16 I drove away while the violin and case was still on the top of my car and broke it to pieces.....yep, not a great teenage day when you do something like that!

Growing up, I had 3 siblings.  We each started learning a musical instrument at the age of three.  

Yes, that is me :-)  Maybe I was 2 when I started playing?



Some of the mothers out there that have kids involved in learning a musical instrument know it's not really the THREE year old that practices and learns an instrument - it's the mother.  God bless all the mothers out there that patiently go through the 20 minutes of practicing a day!  
(and to my own mother THANK YOU!)

Anyway, our family formed a string quartet,

2 violins
1 viola (me!)
and a cello.

So it's not a surprise when I tell you my heart goes flutter when I see musical instruments being used as home decor.  Honestly, garage sales are great for finding a steal of a deal on old instruments - keep your eyes on the look out!

Let's look at some ideas used around Blogland!

I love the way she brought your eye around the table using a large string bass.  It sure makes a statement.



This was a lovely home I did in American Clay - the cello alone, on it's stand really adds to the artsy feel of the room.




Placing old horn instruments in a bookshelf or on a console table really adds interest.  This vintage trumpet has such lovely lines - don't you think it's a work of art?

Source



I can't forget using the piano as a beautiful home decor statement!!  Two of my children play the piano.
What a bold TURQUOISE statement! :-)  And as I mentioned in a previous post, how I love decorating with plates!

You can also see my popular post on how to HANG plates!  It's such a cool trick and practically free to make.


Source


I think decorating your home with beautiful old instruments can be magical. :-)

What do you think - do you have any musical home decor?


creativejuicesdecor








7 comments:

  1. I have one of those shelves that goes all around a room near the ceiling in my music room and am having a hard time making it look nice. I'm trying to use musical instruments and music-related books, objects, but wow is it hard! Thanks for your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna! It sure can be hard.....you can see my post about decorating above the cabinets for more tips.....once you get it looking right though, it sure adds a lot!

      http://www.creativejuicesdecor.com/2012/05/decorating-top-of-your-kitchen-cabinets.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks--I'll check it out!

      Delete
  2. Hi all,
    Just wanted to ask how you place plates on a wall without having them fall. Are there special nails to do this?

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! Here is a link to how I attach plates to a wall. The great thing is I found a way to do it really inexpensively! Enjoy!
      http://www.creativejuicesdecor.com/2012/06/how-to-make-plate-hanger-gallery-wall.html

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how to place plates on a wall? Are there special nails?

    thx,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! Here is a link to how I attach plates to a wall. The great thing is I found a way to do it really inexpensively! Enjoy!
      http://www.creativejuicesdecor.com/2012/06/how-to-make-plate-hanger-gallery-wall.html

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...