Bread Box attempt #2 - How to Paint a Breadbox

Ever since I posted about this Bread Box mess up,  I have always wanted to do another one – just to show you guys I really can pull it off! 

When I saw this at the thrift store for 2 bucks I couldn’t resist.   Unlike my previous attempt I didn’t have to use power tools so I knew things would be OK.  (I tried to turn my other bread box into a phone charger station with holes in the back, but I almost took out a finger instead.  OPPS!)

Here is the lovely BEFORE shot:

bread box 001


And I was going to use it to cover up THIS spot:

thrift store 001

Here is the AFTER pictures:

bread box blog

bread box 007

It worked – now my little coffee station looks like this:

bread box blog3

The rundown was:

1.) spray paint white – at least 3 coats
2.) sand edges to distress
3.) add a little brown glaze to age it even more.
If you want more in depth details see this post.


bread box blog


What fun! I hope I’ve inspired a few folks out there.  Just go for it!

Shown on The Shabby Chic Cottage - thanks Gina!

~Creative Juices Decor

thriftyhome

7 comments:

  1. Selina, it looks great, I guess second times the charm. I am going to keep my eyes open for a cheap bread box, love it! sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I spy NuNaturals Stevia. That's my personal favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out gorgeous. I have one and am not sure what to do with it, maybe this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bread box looks great. What a pretty was to hide necessary clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great redo.love the color and distressing, very cute. ive been finding alot of little projects to do
    as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...