Date and Nut Power Bars (gluten free!)


When I received my jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter I have to tell you it was hard to pry my nose away from sniffing the AMAZING aroma.  The taste, well let’s just say it tasted like it smelled and I really had a hard time not plopping down on the couch and start dipping in a chocolate bar!  OH my!  I resisted the urge and just ate a spoonful. They make it from organic dried coconut and organic Valencia peanuts.



Now on to my recipe!  This is one of my favorites.  It is good for you, completely fills you up and reminds me of a dense Lara Bar.  Usually I use almond butter, but for fun I used the Coconut Peanut Butter.  It was delicious.

blog nut bar2
Can you see the great texture? If you don't like tasting actual nuts grind it up more.


Date and Nut Power Bar ~ yes! Gluten Free and Sugar Free!!!
(adapted from ElanasPantry)

2 c. Almonds

1/4 c. Chia seeds (or any seeds ground in coffee grinder or blender)

1/2 c. Dates (or any extra sweet dried fruit)

1/2 c Shredded coconut (unsweetened)

1/2 c. Coconut Peanut Butter (or “butter” of your choice)

1/2 tsp. Sea salt

1/2 c. Coconut oil (melted)

1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar (maple syrup or honey works too)

3 Tsp. Vanilla extract

Optional: a few squares of dark chocolate or carob, melted for topping.

Place almonds, seeds, dried dates, shredded coconut, nut butter and salt in a food processor.  Pulse briefly for about 10 seconds.  In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat. Remove coconut oil from stove, stir sweetener and vanilla into oil.  Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste.  press mixture into an 7x11 baking dish. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour (or till hardens)

For optional chocolate lovers, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.  Spread melted chocolate over bars and return to refrigerator for 30 minutes or till hardens. 
Cut into bars and serve!  Makes 12 bars.  Store in refrigerator or wrap each bar individually and freeze for a healthy fun snack on the go!. 

blog nut bar
Yep, I took a big bite out of it!
Try this out and tell me what you think!  

 Don't miss out on Selina's home decor tips and inspirations - Sign up to receive her once a week post :-)

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


29 comments:

  1. I've never tried any sort of bar with a date base before but I LOVE dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. already a follower, thanks for offering a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. never tried these kind fo nut bars but I'd be willing to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like a homemade Lara bar and I love those. Need to try your great recipe now too!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to Chocolate Covered Katie, I've happily had similar bars...unfortunately, they don't help with weight loss ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not tried these bars, but (yum!) they sure look delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of your faithful followers. I don't get to read every single day, but I jump back to read all of your posts when I get a chance to sit for a moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had these but they sound HEAVENLY!!

    ginnykathleen at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm already a follower!


    ginnykathleen at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried them when you handed me one at the park. Very tasty, and I don't even like shredded coconut, so that's sayin' something!

    Yay YOU for getting to try out a fancy schmancy product for free ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I've been following your blog for like 50 years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never made anything like that but I have all the ingredients so there is nothing holding me back from experimenting this week!
    sjam916 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a GFC follower
    sjam916 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love getting my troptrad newslettter
    sjam916 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love making nut bars - especially with coconut & chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I subscribed to tropical traditions newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh what a great sounding nut butter - I'm dying to try it! Your power bars sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i never even knew they had this delicious sounding type of peanut butter OMG i love love peanut butter

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh and i am now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1. just became a follower.
    2. yes I hae made similar bars, but never heard of coconut peanut butter. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never tried these kind of nut bars but it looks good.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I became a follower.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I subscribed to the Tropical Traditions Sales newsletter.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think i'll follow your blog. looks like you've got some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never tried this type of nut bar. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've subscribed to TT newsletter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...