Thai Curry Chicken–made with homemade coconut milk

My brother sent me this recipe, he said it was AMAZING.  So, when your single brother sends you something, you know it must be good because hey, he’s never sent a recipe to me before!

thai coconut 019 copy

I have to say, it was delicious AND easy.  I was able to use my homemade coconut milk and if you haven’t tried that yet – go over and make some today!  I promise, it’s a piece of cake. 

thai coconut 003


Thai Curry Chicken: (enough for 2 people)

Chicken Breast (about 1 large breast) cut up and lighty sautéed in pan.
1 2/3 c. coconut milk
1/2 red pepper sliced
1 tsp. fish sauce
1 Tbsp. Red or Yellow curry Paste (it’s medium with this amount +or- to taste.)
1 tsp. white sugar

OPTIONAL but DELICIOUS:

Fresh basil leaves
Pineapple Tidbits
Bamboo shoots or water chestnuts
Minced Garlic

Directions:

Lightly fry up cubed chicken breast
Pour in coconut milk and simmer for 5 min.
Add curry, fish sauce, and sugar.
Add optional ingredients now (simmer another 3-5 min)
Add slices of red pepper last (they don’t need to be cooked long)

I found this to be a little runnier than I had wanted so I added some cornstarch to thicken it up a little.  Either way is good though.

Serve over steamed Jasmine rice.Smile with tongue out

blog thai coconut curry

ENJOY and thanks to my brother (the one I did the home Before and After) for passing this along!
~ CreativeJuicesDecor~

4 comments:

  1. oooh, this looks yummy. I'm going to have to try it!
    urbanmoppets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome. I even bought coconut like a month ago fully intending to make that coconut milk but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Thai food, but always take away. I've never tried to cook it myself. This looks like a good start!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...