San Juan Camping Trip - My Summer Vacation

I just love camping, but camping in the San Juan Islands beats it all. 

 I was lucky enough to go there quite a bit growing up because my grandparents have lived there since I was 10.  This year my extended family all met at the San Juan County Park and spent 5 days camping.


Fun quick re-cap of our trip:


My son and his boy cousins, a few feet away from our campsite.  Many times you can catch a pod of Orca Whales just swimming along this view!
1 ryland gabriel austin


The sunsets were BEAUTIFUL!
1 san juan sunsets


I love this picture of my grandpa (Opa) My kids’ Great grandpa!
1 Opa


Buoys on my grandparents waterfront property in Wescott Bay (near Roche Harbor) – I am such a sucker for texture.  If he would let me, I would take these home and put them in my house.  I don’t know where but I’d find a place.  BTW, those are barnacles not bird poop on the top of the buoys.  (at least I think) Smile
 
1 buoy


My oldest kayaking in the ocean bay. (or at least walking her kayak.....) It's such a fun area to paddle board, kayak or paddle boat!
1 aria kyak


My youngest “playing” with the captured dungeness crab.  (yes, they were alive, I probably should have been watching her hand near the pincher's instead of delighting myself in picture taking!)  Just use some clams as bait, set out your pots and get yourself a bunch of them! (make sure to get a license first!)
1 Kaelah and crabs


Last but not least, my middle child, my only BOY jumping the rocks. (maybe it’s a good thing I only have one boy, they tend to make your heart skip a beat! He did make it to the other side for those who are wondering!)
1 ryland jumping


Thanks for letting me show you our trip!  I love the summer, hope you're having a great one. Smile

If you want to see my other blog post about San Juan Islands, Friday Harbor just click the link!


~CreativeJuicesDecor~

 

3 comments:

  1. Opa is looking GREAT! Glad you had such a good time. I love your pictures of the sunsets and of course R jumping from rock to rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! This is awesome :D Ahh...the crabbing ♥♥♥ I miss the islands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 2,500-square-mile natural playground includes 8,699 miles of shoreline; motorcycle rental

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...