Crazy Thrift Store Find!! A Wooden Game Table


YES I did, I went back to the thrift store......it was innocent, I was just going to look around.  I didn't plan on buying any furniture BUT I was justified in this purchase.  You see, my 9 year old son LOVES chess and I was thinking of getting him a chess board for Christmas.  So when I saw this, well in particularly saw the PRICE, I knew I was loading it in the car and taking it home. :-)



Want to know how much I got it for?? (I get so excited about this part)  

$22.50!!! 

I don't think I could buy a really good quality chess board game for that price!  It was 55% off day....so $50.00 down to $22.50.  (small happy dance inserted here)




Some of you are probably thinking OK, what is WRONG with the table??  Well, it had a crack in the leg.  Honestly, NO big deal....nothing that a little Gorilla Glue couldn't fix.  I just used dog leashes as clamps to hold it all in place while drying.  I'm sure you've used dog leashes as clamps before, right?  I'm not that odd - OK maybe I am ;-)





It even has a side drawer to hold the other games it came with....... cribbage, checkers and backgammon.





I had just a slight damper in my sail when my husband's response was, "Wow, that is a big piece of furniture in a space that I liked open!"  So after thoroughly exhausting the "guess how much I paid for it" game (which for some reason he didn't seem so excited to play and started off with $10.00) I just replied, "Well, if you would like me to put it on Craigslist and sell it for $100.00 I will" Humph!

He was supposed to look me in the eyes and say, "Unbelievable honey, you are amazing, you are the apple of my eye and light up my life by bringing home amazing deals from the thrift store......." 
(that's the response I had been looking for!)




All to say though, my 9 year old was AMAZED - and that made me very happy.  He had a friend over  the day I bought it and happily beat him in a game of chess.  You see, his IQ isn't normal......he's in some other level.....a level that I never have been in and never will be in.  :-) I can't last 5 minutes in a chess game against him and will admit I get a little frustrated that he wins when I am 36 and he is only 9.  

Whatever  kid ;-)




Till the next fun purchase!!  Linking up to YoungHouseLove thrift store party!

creativejuicesdecor

10 comments:

  1. Um, Wow! What a find and it looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, I have found some pretty fun deals but this one took the cake! :-)

      Delete
  2. WOW. That is a totally awesome find! Our local thrift store has specific colored tagged 1/2 price each week. My daughter recently bought a beautiful floral vintage couch, a wing back chair that she is going to recover in burlap and an old wood armoire that has an attached dresser for her new apartment. All 50% off! I am sure your husband will love it as he watches your son using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you are just starting off, my thought would be why buy anywhere else??? You have to be patient though and check the store at least once a week to really get the good deals......my house is full now so I'll have to wait for my children to get their own place so I can keep finding good stuff for them - ha!

      Delete
  3. OMG another great find - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well husband's can be like that. You have to catch them in the right game playing guess the price mood. I personally think it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful find! I'm excited! I can play the role of your husband, if you want. I particularly loved the imaginary banter with your husband. I have the same 'whatever' look from my man whenever I find any amazing deal. He has learned to trust me, but he still doesn't get excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome! Beautiful table, thrifty find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL who needs a husband's reply when I have all these fun bloggers to tell me that my find is amazing :-) thanks you guys!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...